This morning's Grade 6 Cake Raffle was definitely about the kids- and our Lord Aylmer students were especially excited to take part in the fun!!!
The morning began with a tour of the tables displaying all 24 cakes- and yes, the kids' eyes were HUGE!! There were tons of smiles and chatter as they discussed which cake looked yummiest and why, as well as who would win which cake. The most fun was had when the kids got to choose their favourite cake(s) by adding their raffle tickets to the different baggies.
This Cake Raffled was such an amazing way to get everyone involved in a fun and exciting school activity- and students, teachers, staff AND parents all had a hand in it's success!
A HUGE thanks to the Grade 6 teachers and the support staff who planned this great fundraiser for the kids- everyone worked together to organize each step, including printing the tickets, helping the kids to fill them out and of course bringing the kids around to see the cakes so they could add their raffle tickets. Special thanks goes out to Ms Kearns, Ms Jenn, Ms.Karen, Ms Chaudhary and Mme Ysabelle!
A HUGE thanks to the parents for supporting this great fundraiser by purchasing raffle tickets and for sending in such gorgeous cakes! As you know, all funds raised through this Cake Raffle goes towards the Grade 6 Graduating classes to help fund their special end of year school trips and activities. And this Cake Raffle actually raised over $500!! Amazing!!
And of course a BIG thanks goes to our amazing students for having so much fun today and for showing such support for each other and for the 2016 Graduating Class!
But before you guys get to peek at the pics- we want to let you know that the Cake Raffle was such a success that teachers will be organizing another Raffle for the Easter holidays- so make sure to revisit the Blog or sign-up on Facebook or on our Remind App, as we'll have all the fun details!
Our Home & School is Raising Funds for:
1. Chromebook School Labs for Junior and Senior Campuses. Implemented! Our kids at both the Junior and Senior Campuses get access to the Chrome Books Mobile Lab!
2. Let's Make Our School Yards Great Again! Implementation: 2018
3. Field Trips and Cultural Activities such as Workshops, Year-Long.
4. Classroom & Library Books. Year-Long.
5. School supplies such as instruments for the music class or gym equipment. Year-Long.
6. Bouncy Castles for End-of-Year and Beginning-of-year BBQs.
7. Freezies for special school activities during the summer months.
8. Snacks for Lord Aylmer's yearly Kinder Open House.
9. Grade 6 end-of-year activities and $100 Excellence Scholarship & Award.
10. School Dances & Xmas Bazaar (such as the DJ, decorations, etc.)
Find out what we've achieved over the past years!