As you know, last week our Lord Aylmer students, teachers and staff celebrated I Love To Read Week and Literacy Day with daily themes, community visitors and Drop Everything And Read (D.E.A.R) times.
The kids had a blast donning their funny hats, their quirky ties and their silly glasses- and they were especially excited about bringing flashlights to school!
They had numerous visitors throughout the week, including Federal MP Greg Fergus and his wife Julie Cool, the WQSB commissioner Matthew Larventz, Aylmer City Councillor Mike Duggan, Local Author Kathryn Joyce, Community Police Officer Stephan Dirnberger, Adult Education students and lots and lots of moms and dads.
I Love to Read Week was a definite success!
A HUGE thank you goes out to our many storytelling volunteers, our teachers and staff and of course our exuberant students. Great fun was had by all- and they even managed to slip in a little learning too!
Pictures courtesy of Ms. Horner
Our Home & School is Raising Funds for:
1. Chromebook School Labs for Junior and Senior Campuses. Implemented! Our kids at both the Junior and Senior Campuses get access to the Chrome Books Mobile Lab!
2. Let's Make Our School Yards Great Again! Implementation: 2018
3. Field Trips and Cultural Activities such as Workshops, Year-Long.
4. Classroom & Library Books. Year-Long.
5. School supplies such as instruments for the music class or gym equipment. Year-Long.
6. Bouncy Castles for End-of-Year and Beginning-of-year BBQs.
7. Freezies for special school activities during the summer months.
8. Snacks for Lord Aylmer's yearly Kinder Open House.
9. Grade 6 end-of-year activities and $100 Excellence Scholarship & Award.
10. School Dances & Xmas Bazaar (such as the DJ, decorations, etc.)
Find out what we've achieved over the past years!